WE’RE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR TALENTED PEOPLE TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
We are proud of the work that we do, and wouldn’t be successful without our amazing team of dedicated people. If you’ve got the desire to be a part of a creative and innovative group of people in a fun and rewarding environment, then send your resume to email@example.com.
Director, Business Development
- ASELL is a small biotech company that is developing an in vitro diagnostic medical device for the US government. Our flagship product, the CytoRADx™ Biodosimetry System, will leverage proven techniques to provide accurate dose assessment for people who may have been exposed to radiation (0-10 Gray). We are seeking opportunities to leverage our existing technology for other customers and applications, as well as identify additional emerging diagnostic technologies to satisfy new health security needs for the government. We are looking for a Director of Business Development to help us grow the business.
- Position Summary:
- Entrepreneurial, energetic self-starter to act as the business development executive for a small biotech business that currently has a strong foundation in a narrow niche. The key focus of this cross-functional position is diversifying and growing the company’s business base, in particular through US government contracts focused on improving the nation’s health security. Must be comfortable working at both tactical and strategic levels across both technical and business domains to become a key member of a small, collaborative, and dynamic team.
- Job duties:
- Assess and prioritize new opportunities and ventures that will enable the company to diversify and grow.
- Ensure that analyses of business opportunities are based on a strong understanding of customer needs, market potential, technical feasibility, competitive & regulatory barriers, and required investments.
- Use industry knowledge and business acumen to make recommendations for strategic actions such as but not limited to forming partnerships, making R&D investments, and licensing technologies to gain access to new products/capabilities that will position the company for future success.
- Lead the preparation and submittal of proposals and grant requests. Apply creativity and ingenuity to define ‘win themes’ and ‘win strategies’ to guide the preparation of the submittal. Generate the proposals / grant requests by coordinating the activities of others, and also by independently generating proposal content.
- Cultivate a network of customer, user, and industry contacts to stay current on the market landscape and to support competitive analyses and recommendations for business pursuits.
- Represent the ‘voice of the customer’ in company activities such as the generation of product requirements, the preparation of proposals/grant requests, and the creation of PR campaigns.
- Portray the ‘voice of the competition’ when considering new ventures. Help create a clear understanding of barriers to entry and recommend strategies to overcome them.
- Lead the company’s marketing/PR programs including advertising, social media, presentations at conferences and forums, publishing technical papers, etc.
- Required Skills and Experience – the ideal candidate will have:
- A strong scientific/technical foundation along with a record of business success.
- Experience in growing a medical device business, preferably in IVD industry with an FDA cleared or approved IVD test.
- Experience with US government procurement practices, proposal development, and contract negotiation.
- Knowledge of product development practices, techniques, and standards in the medical device industry.
- Demonstrated ability to be an independent contributor and to also work well in a team environment.
- Excellent technical writing, communication & presentation skills.
- Strong aptitude with Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
ASELL is a medical device developer that is working with government customers to turn science into solutions. ASELL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, or national origin.